Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. It implements the standard FMS attack along with some optimizations like KoreK attacks, as well as the all-new PTW attack, thus making the attack much faster compared to other WEP cracking tools. In fact, Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks.
- More cards/drivers supported
- More OS and platforms supported
- New WEP attack: PTW
- WEP dictionary attack
- Fragmentation attack
- Improved cracking speed
- Capture with multiple cards
- Optimizations, other improvements and bug fixing
The Windows version of the aircrack-ng suite does not have an install program. You must manually install (unzipping archive) the software.
- Download the latest version of the aircrack-ng suite for Windows to your PC. The link for the zip file can be found on theWiki home page.
- Unzip the contents of the aircrack-ng zip file into “C:\”. This will create a directory called “aircrack-ng-0.9.3-win”. This directory name will vary based on the exact version that you downloaded. This main directory contains three subdirectories - “bin”, “src” and “test”.
- Remember that Windows only supports a limited subset of the commands.