and is a very popular program, It allows you to recover almost all kinds of passwords, It also supports of methods such as a brute force attack, Dictionary attack, Rainbow Tables, Cryptanalysis attack etc, Cainis mostly used for the purpose of sniffing and also used to carry out wide variety of attacks.
The Oxid team has just released the newest version of cain and abel software i.e. Cain andabel 4.9.40, Here are some of the added features in cain and abel 4.9.40:
- Added Proxy support for Cain's Certificate Collector.
- Added the ability to specify custom proxy authentication credentials for Certificate Collector.
- Added ProxyHTTPS Man-in-the-Middle Sniffer (TCP port 8080).
- HTTP, APR-HTTPS and APR-ProxyHTTPS sniffer filters are now separated.
- Added progress bar indicator in the off-line capture file function.
- Bug fixed in ProxyHTTPS Man-in-the-Middle Sniffer parsing "Connection Established" string.
- Bug fixed in VoIP Sniffer creating MP3 Mono files.
- Bug fixed in RTP Sniffer processing off-line capture files.
- WinRTGen recompiled with OpenSSL library version 0.9.8q.
- OpenSSL library upgrade to version 0.9.8q.
- Winpcap library upgrade to version 4.1.2.
- Added SAP R/3 sniffer filter for SAP GUI authentications and SAP DIAG protocol decompression.
- Added support for Licensing Mode Terminal Server connections to Windows 2008 R2 servers in APR-RDP sniffer filter.
- Added support for MSCACHEv2 Hashes (used by Vista/Seven/2008) in Dictionary and Brute-Force Attacks.
- Added MSCACHEv2 Hashes Cryptanalysis via Sorted Rainbow Tables.
- Added MSCACHEv2 RainbowTables to WinRTGen v2.6.3.
- MS-CACHE Hashes Dumper now supports MSCACHEv2 hashes extraction from Windows Vista/Seven/2008 machines and offline registry files.
- Fixed a bug (crash) in Certificate Collector with Proxy settings enabled